For the prevention of cervical, vulvar and vaginal cancer and genital warts caused by Human Papaillomavirus types 6,11,16 & 18.What is GARDASIL?
- GARDASIL helps protect against the four most important HPV types that cause a wide range of HPV disease.
- GARDASIL is given in 3 doses over a 6 month period. High immune responses in studies (much greater than natural infection), and the development of immune memory seem to suggest that no booster dose will be required.
- The formulation of GARDASIL is based on well-proven technology, which has demonstrated a high level of safety.
- GARDASIL can be administered by your GP to girls and women aged 9 to 45 years and males aged 9 to 26 years.
- Routine cervical screening and pap tests are still required for women who have been vaccinated with GARDASIL in order to detect cancers and precancers caused by HPV types not covered in the vaccine.
- GARDASIL is FREE for girls and young women up to their 20th birthday.
- GARDASIL is a prescription medicine and is not funded. Therefore a patient charge will apply.
- For all others GARDASIL is a private purchase vaccine and costs around $150 per does plus doctors fees.
- Ask your Dr or Healthcare Professional if you want to know more about GARDASIL
To view more information and
visit the Gardasil website.
Note: Information on this site is not intended to replace the advice given by your doctor or other health professional.
For further information, click on the helpful links below.
TAPS no: PP3428.
Consumer Medicine Information
Medicine Data Sheet
Last Updated: 16-09-2013